The SALPN develops Practice Guidelines to provide relevant information on practical nursing practice. The guidelines provide guidance and clarity to LPNs, employers and the public regarding the LPN scope of practice.
Please feel free to print the documents below for your own use and reference.
- Additional Competencies
- Additional Competency - Administration of Medication by Intravenous Push
- Additional Compency - Central Venous Lines
- Alternative Therapies/Dual Practice
- Assignment of Tasks to Unregulated Care Providers
- Foot Care
- Hemodialysis Specialty
- Medication Administration
- Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID)
- Orthopedic Specialty
- Patient Safety Related to Hours of Work and Fatigue
- Perioperative Specialty
- Point of Entry to Care
- Self Employment